Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Past Two Weeks-Part I

So many activities, so little time. I realized I leave to go back to America three weeks from today and started crying, for realz.

But no more dwelling on sad things like that because I have many stories to tell. I've had a slew of visitors, a class weekend trip to the land of cheese, and consumed ungodly amounts of food. I will now break it all down for you, trilogy style.

Part I-The Couples

It had been a while since I'd last seen Dustin so he decided to ditch Champaign for a little bit to visit me. Since him and Trevs are dating I told her she should come too so she could see her boyfriend and cause I kinda missed her. I guess then they figured they might as well see a few other places together since Dustin was already going to be in Europe visiting me. So they arrived to Roma after hitting up Barcelona and Paris.

Also in Rome during this time was my cousin Katie and her boyfriend Steve who were visiting my cousin Kevin in Scotland and then just traveling after for a few weeks. They all lead rough lives...

Sometimes I have this thing called class so unfortunately I couldn't make it to the Vatican with Trevs and Dustin but I sent them off with directions and of course recommendations for the best food and gelato over there. We met up later got more gelato, saw some more churches, standard Roman things.

They bravely agreed to be my guinea pigs that night for dinner when I decided to test out my carbonara skillz. Surprisingly it turned out pretty edible so win. Katie and Steve were going to join us for dinner too but surprise, European cell phones suck and we couldn't text. No worries, they made it over to my apartment in time for the pregame.

A bunch of the Vienna peeps were in Roma too so our usual group of about 30 was almost doubled and crammed into one apartment. We get noise complaints when like 10 of go out so needless to say Boarding House International was not happy with us. After getting yelled at a few times we decided it was time to leave and we hit up Coyote, obviously and dance the night away.

However upon returning home much later that evening we encountered a problem. New security dude decided to actually check to see if the people coming home that night lived there because technically we aren't supposed to have visitors. Luckily we got there a little earlier than some other people so I was able to sneak them in. Apparently the police showed up outside our apt right after we got them in so we hid in our apartment with the lights out? and made a pasta concoction of butter, pepper and various cheezzez found in the fridge.

The next day I decided to be a bad ass and ditch class to do touristy things with Trevs and Dustin. At the forum we ran into Katie and Steve and we decided to take a touristy picture together for grandma rather than our going out pictures from the night before. We also hit up the Colosseum and got many pictures for posing with friends. Pictures not included in this post because Trevs and I suck and are cameraless in Europe, thank God for Dustin.

That night we met up Kelsey, Audrey, and McKenna for pizza at Dar Poeta which was delicious as always. I also think we got McKenna kinda tipsy, win. afterwards we went on a little night walk across Rome.

throwing what we know at the spanish steps

I left for our group trip to Cilento early the next morning and was sad to say goodbye to Trevs and Dustin but excited for our trip.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the next two parts tonight as well. I've been out too many nights in a row and need to rest up for Vatican mass and more visitors tomorrow.

Looks like I'll have to miss out on the Welcome to Da House Jesus Party going on at one of the clubs this year. How will I ever survive??

No comments:

Post a Comment