Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Wanna Be a Galway Girl!

Tuesday morning was a bit of a struggle but no amount of sleep deprivation or hangover from Barcelona could dampen our spirits for the next leg of our Spring Break, Ireland, my homeland. March was a great  month for this trip what with our Unofficial and St. Patricks Day celebrations and then finally the real deal.

Obviously the song for this trip was a little ditty called Galway Girl which I kinda want to be my new theme song. 


P.S. I love that movie. I was kinda hoping my trip to Ireland would be like that movie, minus the part about my adorable Irish husband getting brain cancer and dying, leaving me lonely and depressed, only to continuously rehash my memories of him by sending me letters from the dead. ***SPOILER ALERT***


While I didn't find Gerard Butler in Ireland, I did manage to find myself a man, the only thing is he's a lot older and he's married.............................

He was also our tour bus driver. Yes I am in love with a 70+ year old Cliffs of Moher tour bus driver named Desmond, he was very charming. The morning of our Cliffs of Moher tour he grabbed me and my three roommates to make sure we were on his bus and even gave us front row seats. So we were able to snag some great picks from our tour (and by we I mean my roommates because I have been camera-less for the past two months). So I'll try and recreate our tour for all of you with some pictures and a lovely little video put together by Corinne.

castle

pretty countryside

desmond and his leprechaun friend

Burren



fudge shop
cliffs of moher!




#rebelz


is this why they have the sign???

desmond and his girlfriends near his old courting wall

galway bay
Desmond made our day. He flirted with us, told jokes, sang songs and made me fall even more in love with Ireland.

We also went out do different Irish pubs both of our nights in Galway, which were so fun. They all had live music playing and friendly Irish people to hangout with.
pregaming with tiger beer #charliesheen

more Irish boyfriendzzz???
After a lovely stay in Galway we headed to Dublin Thursday morning for the last leg of our journey. We hit up Guiness Factory, Trinity College, and did a half day trip to the suburb Howth which was beautiful!



Another great part about Dublin is I got to see more friendzz! Tara was visiting from across the pond and Cass and Chad are current residents of my homeland so they took us out and Cass even cooked dinner for me and Amy. She da best.

stunna shadez in dubz


So sorry this was more of a picture book and less of a blog entry but I am tired and don't feel like using words. Plus I want to be caught up with Amsterdam before I leave for Cinqueterre on Friday!! I'm hitting the 5 weeks left marker on Saturday which is sooo weird and sad and I need to stop thinking about it. But I am in Italy for the rest of the time which I am sooo excited about. Italy in the spring is the greatest place on earth. 

Anyway Amsterdam updates tomorrow then I am peacing out for the weekend for hiking adventurezzz. 



No comments:

Post a Comment